|This article is about the character 'Lacie'. You may be looking for Lacie's Chain, Lacie (Chapter), Lacie (Song) or Lacie's Tomb.|
|“||Goodbye, Jack . . . .||”|
—Lacie's final words to Jack
|Height||169 cm (5'7")|
|Relatives||Oswald (Brother) |
Intention of the Abyss (Daughter)
|Manga Debut||Retrace XXXVII|
|Japanese Voice||Ayako Kawasumi (Drama CD)|
Lacie (Reishi レイシ) was a Baskerville as well as a Child of Ill Omen who was killed upon being sacrificed to the Abyss. She was also a part of an experiment with the Glen at the time, which lead to the creation of Alice and The Intention of the Abyss. Lacie also created a life by bringing a black rabbit doll into the Abyss , which was later transformed into the Chain Oz the B-Rabbit.
Up until Retrace LXV, Lacie's full profile hadn't been shown. Now, Lacie is revealed to share some physical traits with Alice, such as eye shape and hairstyle. Lacie is more tanned than any other character in the series, perhaps because she often went outside to run away. She is supposed to be quite pretty, way prettier than Alice or her twin Alyss is. Lacie's hair is styled differently, as she does not wear braids, and has shorter, black hair. When she was younger she often wore different dresses in varying colours, she was wearing a simple white summer dress when she met Jack Vessalius.  When she is older she wears an entirely purple outfit that consists of a purple choker around her neck with a bow, a purple dress that varies in shades from light to dark with a ruffle design around the shoulders, down the front and at the end of the sleeves, that reach her elbows and dark purple shoes. She often is shown smiling, and happy, and possesses a full, graceful figure.
As a child, Lacie doesn't appear to be mentally stable. Her personality is much like that of the Intention of the Abyss, even mirroring her personality whilst she danced in the raining blood  , as the Intention and Cheshire did the same in Albus' blood . Her emotions also tend to change fiercely, ranging from bloodthirsty and explosive, to happy and calm. This is probably because she felt trapped and scared, as she was told from an early age that she was doomed to die.
She is very kind and sweet as an adult, and shows understanding and feelings to everyone. Instead of making logical decisions, she believes in her convictions and emotions.
It looks as though she hates to observe loneliness, as she often spends her time with others whom seem lonely when she runs off and offers a homeless Jack her company when she was seventeen.  Later, while visiting the Core of the Abyss, she brings it a gift so that it won't have to be alone anymore and promises to bring more friends. 
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
As a chosen Messenger of the Abyss, it was mandatory for Lacie to form a Contract with a Chain. Thus, Lacie formed an Illegal Contract with an as-of-yet unnamed rabbit-like Chain with a crown floating above its head. Through Lacie's Chain, she is capable of summoning forth numerous bladed chain links that can dismember human bodies with ease. Apart from this, it is generally unknown what other abilities Lacie had access to through her Chain. 
- As a Child of Ill Omen, Lacie was able to wrench open a Door to the Abyss without the use of the Keys to the Abyss after disrupting the power within the Abyss' dark heart and disturbing the Core of the Abyss. 
- Lacie is also capable of entering the dark heart of the Abyss and coming into contact with the Core of the Abyss, due to her existence as a Child of Ill Omen. 
- "I despise common sense. I've seen the world from every possible angle. This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world." 
- "I didn't want to use my powers because I didn't want to be traced here... but you dared to hurt Jack." 
- "Don't forget the name 'Baskerville' next time...come look for me."
- "It's not true that you've lost everything. It's just that...you've lost the will to live." 
- "Shining, Glittering, Stardust is dancing. My body is cloaked in golden light. I'm going to meet 'the Lonely One'." . 
- (To Levi) "Don't be silly that would be pointless...Since...I'm going to die soon." 
- "Goodbye, Jack." 
- (To Oswald) "What's wrong Nii-sama? Let's get this over with." 
- (To Jack) "If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think. Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analysing the reasons behind it." 
- (To the Core of the Abyss) "I will disappear but if you should find this child of mine please try to be friends." 
- "Hey ! Look look ! Aren't they cute, these little twin rabbits?! One is mine, and the other is for you." 
- "I'll bring another new friend for you next time. So that you won't be alone, even when I am no longer here." 
- "It is true that...that day...I spoke to you on a whim...I'd run away from the mansion after a quarrel with my brother...and you were just a way to kill time before they fetched me back.I'd completely forgotten that I gave you one of my earrings. And yet you...All you want is to be by my side. You've never asked for any more than that. The only time you touched me intentionally was when we were reunited." 
- (To Jack) "Just as I thought, you are strange...Very strange..." 
- "I'd meant to... turn away from you if you became pushy...But even though you look like you couldn't live without me...you never dared to cross the line you'd drawn yourself. You look like you have eyes only for me... and yet no one is reflected there." 
- "Please Nii-sama...dont blame yourself. I was born with red eyes and I've been through a lot because of that, but I.....never considered myself unfortunate." 
- "Thanks to these eyes...I came to understand how cruel and despicable people can be...but that also allowed me appreciate the true beauty. All you have to do is look at things from different perspective." 
- "Once I realized that the thing we usually take for granted are really miracles, I came to see everything in it's precious ephemeral beauty." 
- "Up until now I hadn't realized that disappearing from this world... No longer being able to be by your side.... Would be so lonely..." 
(*) - Denotes that the character did not appear physically, but as a part of another character's memories.
- Lacie's zodiac sign is Capricorn.
- One reason why Lacie could be so tanned is because she often ran outside of the tower, and she is a bit of a tomboy.
- She looks "like a ditz", according to Jun Mochizuki
- Lacie is an anagram for Alice (her daughter) and Celia (Another Baskerville) .
- In "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland", the Dormouse tells Alice a story about three girls called Elsie, Lacie and Tillie who lived down a well and ate treacle. Lewis Carroll based these girls on the three Liddell sisters who inspired him to write the books: Lorina Charlotte (L.C.), Alice (Lacie is an anagram of Alice), and Edith Matilda (Tillie).
- Lacie looks a bit similar to Claudia, both having rather tanned skin, black hair (though Lacie's is shorter), and red eyes.
- Lacie is shown to have a deep fear/hatred of insects.
- Lacie is a reference to the Red Queen from Looking through the Glass given that her brother Oswald is based on the Red King.
|Previous Glens||Glen Baskerville (♀) (†) • Levi (†) • Leo|
|Members||Lottie • Dug • Lily • Vincent Nightray|
|Previous Members||Fang (†) • Lacie (†) • Celia (†) • Gilbert Nightray • Alice • Intention of the Abyss • Noise (†)|
|Previous Allies||Bernard Nightray (†) • Raymond Nightray (†) • Arthur Barma (†) • Rufus Barma • Xai Vessalius (†) • Jury • Echo (†)|
|Chains||Jabberwock • Leon • Bandersnatch • Duldee • Duldum • Gryphon • Demios the Executioner • Dormouse|
|Previous Chains||Lacie's Chain • Tove • Raven • Owl • Dodo|