|This article is about the character Elliot Nightray. You may be looking for the chapter, Elliot&Leo or the similarly named episode, Eliot & Leo.|
|“||I'm sorry, Leo.||”|
—Elliot's last words.
|Manga | Anime|
|Height||173 cm (5'7ft)|
|Previous Affiliation||Nightray Dukedom |
|Previous Occupation||Student of Lutwidge Academy|
|Partner||Leo (Former Valet)|
|Relatives||Raymond Nightray (Ancestor) (†) |
Bernard Nightray (Father) (†)
Bernice Nightray (Mother) (†)
Unnamed Uncle (†)
Fred Nightray (Brother) (†)
Claude Nightray (Brother) (†)
Ernest Nightray (Brother) (†)
Vanessa Nightray (Sister) (†)
Gilbert Nightray (Adoptive Brother)
Vincent Nightray (Adoptive Brother)
|Manga Debut||Retrace XXIV: Hello My Sister!|
|Anime Debut||Episode 17: Hello My Sister!|
|Japanese Voice||Hirofumi Nojima|
Elliot Nightray (エリオット ナイトレイ, Eriotto Naitorei) was the final child of Bernard and Bernice Nightray, making him an heir to the Nightray Dukedom. Elliot's closest friend was Leo, an orphan from The House of Fianna in Sablier whom Elliot grew to respect for their mutual interest in the arts and Leo's complete disregard toward Elliot's noble title. Elliot had always been taught by his father to hate the Vessalius Dukedom, as they were the ones to stain the name of the Nightray Dukedom and thereby cast them into the shadows of the noble world. This changed after Elliot met Oz, as Elliot began to see Oz more as a friend than an enemy, and together they had intended on reshaping the bond between the Vessaliuses and the Nightrays.
In an unfortunate accident prior to meeting Oz, Elliot received a fatal wound when he encountered the Chain, Humpty Dumpty, and so Leo had Elliot form a Illegal Contract with the Chain in order to seal the wound temporarily. Unbeknownst to Leo and even Elliot himself, Humpty Dumpty took to imitating the murderous style of The Head Hunter and controlled Elliot into murdering the majority of his family. After discovering the truth, Elliot made a point of rejecting Humpty Dumpty after all he'd done, an act which killed both the Chain and himself in order to save the lives of so many others.
Elliot has beige-colored hair and blue eyes.He also has 2 blue earrings (studs) in each ear. In his first appearance, he wore standard Lutwidge uniform. He keeps a blade with his family crest in a violin case. Elliot is hotheaded, blunt and always forces his opinions on everybody else. Ada, however, thinks he is a nice and dependable person deep down. Leo also stated that "he is smart, yet he is still an idiot".
He first meets Oz in the Lutwidge library where they get into a fight over a character in the novel series The Holy Knight (Elliot spoils the ending for Oz's favorite character, Edgar: that Edgar dies in an act of self sacrifice). He hated the Vessalius family, a belief that is his fathers. He also doesn't like Ada calling his name and despises how the Vessalius seem to get away with anything just because they were heroes 100 years ago. However, after learning more of Oz and his past, he decides to "judge everything with [his] own eyes". He now views things differently from before, and accepts Oz's friendship.
When Gilbert and Vincent first came to the Nightray household, Elliot was told to stay away from them, for they were up to no good. With his previous personality, he tried to accept his brothers' wishes, but couldn't understand the reason, so he grew to accept them more each day, gaining respect for both of them. Though he seems to be greatly annoyed by Gilbert, in reality, he cares about him.
Abilities and PowersEdit
- Chain - Humpty Dumpty
- Swordsmanship: Although he is not considered a superb swordsman, Elliot does consider this one of his strong points.
- Musical Instruments: He is well known for his skills at the piano. Elliot also composes his own songs, which he has gifted to Leo and his mother.
- "People who think so lightly of their own lives, DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO PROTECT ANYONE!"
- "Who knows. We just have to think of that when things reach to the point of no return. But, no matter what I choose, I will never let you die!"
- "All your 'self sacrifice' only pleases yourself! Have you ever saved anyone that way? All you want is protect yourself!"
- "You're late shorty."
- "You can keep walking, or turn back, or take a different road."
- "AREN'T YOU SUPPOSED TO BE MY SERVANT!!"
- "I'm sorry, Leo." (Elliot's last words)
- "How could I have failed to see it was me?" (Talking about his true identity of the Headhunter)
- "How could I burden that brat with the weight of my life?" (Talking about Oz.)
- "I am Elliot Nightray and I won't let you take that away from me!"
- "I want to judge everything with my own eyes."
(*) - Denotes that the character did not appear physically, but as a part of another character's memories.
- Elliot's zodiac sign is Leo.
- It is stated in Pandora Hearts Official Guide that Elliot has an admiration for Break and he wishes to duel with him someday.
- In the anime, Elliot was shown to have black hair rather than beige when he was younger. As well, a young Leo was also shown to have been a part of the Nightray Dukedom from a very young age, contradicting the canon plot line.
- In an omake, it was shown that he likes cats and would play with Kitty and Snowdrop when no one's looking, but due to his family being dog lovers, he couldn't admit it openly.
- In the Drama CD of volume 16 it was revealed that Elliot's preferred taste of women's underwear is ivory with black when Leo asked him about it.
|Ancestors||Raymond Nightray (†)|
|Previous Dukes/Duchesses||Bernard Nightray (†) • Bernice Nightray (†)|
|Previous Members||Fred Nightray (†) • Claude Nightray (†) • Ernest Nightray (†) • Vanessa Nightray (†) • Elliot Nightray (†)|
|Adoptive Members||Gilbert Nightray • Vincent Nightray|
|Previous Valets||Leo • Hans (†) • Echo (†)|
|Chains||Raven • Dormouse • Humpty Dumpty (†)|
|Dukes/Duchesses||Sheryl Rainsworth • Rufus Barma|
|Previous Dukes/Duchesses||Raymond Nightray (†) • Arthur Barma (†) • Sara Vessalius (†) • Bernard Nightray (†) • Bernice Nightray (†) • Oscar Vessalius (†)|
|Members||Gilbert Nightray • Alice • Sharon Rainsworth • Reim Lunettes • The General • Turner|
|Previous Members||Jack Vessalius • Grüner (†) • Vincent Nightray • Elliot Nightray (†) • Fred Nightray (†) • Claude Nightray (†) • Ernest Nightray (†) • Vanessa Nightray (†) • Shelly Rainsworth (†) • Calum Lunettes (†) • Xerxes Break (†)|
|Chains||Oz • Raven • Snap-Dragon-Fly • Owl • Equus|
|Previous Chains||Dodo • Dormouse • March Hare • Rocking-Horse-Fly (†) • Mad Hatter|