|Manga | Anime|
The Intention of the Abyss (Twin Sister)
Alice The B-Rabbit
|Manga Debut||Retrace I: Innocent Calm|
|Anime Debut||Pandora Hearts Episode 1: Innocent Calm|
|Japanese Voice||Ayako Kawasumi|
As a human, Alice has purple eyes and long brown hair and two side plaits with chain pieces at the ends. She wears a red coat with a white diamond design, a black tight skirt and laced-up white, heeled boots. She has the physical appearance of a 12 year old girl. When she is in her released form, she appears as a black rabbit with fangs and red pupils, wielding a giant scythe. In this form she wears the same outfit as her human counterpJun Mochizuki herself said was one of Alice's defining features. Alice is also quite short, and is noted to have chubby cheeks.
Alice first appears as a Chain that who forms an Illegal Contract with Oz in the Abyss.
100 years ago, she still had long dark brown hair with two side plaits without the chain pieces at the ends. Like her mother, Lacie, she wore dark dresses with matching dress shoes. When she wore light-colored dresses her sister, Intention of the Abyss, was in control of her body.
Alice's goal is to find her lost memories, which plays a major role in the story. Alice appears to be wild, rough, cold, sometimes reckless, somewhat tomboyish and rude at the start–opposite with her twin sister the Intention of the Abyss, who more light and feminine–, especially to Gilbert. She is hotheaded and loud and says what she thinks without any regard for the consequences. Due to her short temper, she is energetically aggressive with people in general. Despite this, she also has a soft side, especially when she is around Oz. She hates when Oz leaves her alone, but to hide it, she usually mentions that he is her manservant and shouldn't leave her behind. Throughout the series, it is implied that she has started developing feelings for Oz.
Alice is also known to be quite arrogant in battle, and she places much confidence in her abilities. During an arm-wrestling competition against a rival almost twice her size who is capable of seriously injuring her, her arrogance almost backfires; luckily, she was which she able to use her powers at the last second because of Gilbert's intervention.
Alice is very convinced of her feelings, and most of her actions reflect the emotions she feels. She is also very perceptive of others' emotions, and tries to cheer them up in her own way. She used to be very abrasive, but she is shown to be kind, honest, and sweet. she still holds true to her independence as well as her personal values and beliefs.
She has a huge appetite and especially loves meat. She often argues with Gilbert and calls him "Seaweed Head." In retaliation, Gilbert calls her "Stupid Rabbit." However, they seem to be better friends and seem to be on much better terms now than 100 years ago.
In episode 22, when the story centers on Alice and the Intention, it is shown that how interestingly Alice's personality has changed in many times, when Alice still as a human. When Alice's body is taken over by the Intention of the Abyss, she is gentle, timid, and has feelings for Jack; like Lacie with Jack in the past. When Alice is herself, she prefers Glen (Oswald) to Jack and rather antagonistic to Jack. However, almost theBreak to save Alice, seeing the Intention's caring about Alice; and thus showing to us that actually The Intention never hated Alice and instead continues to care Alice so much, beside their mirrorred dark-white personality.
All of all, because Oswald's great influence of Alice, it's also inspired Alice to behave like him, made Alice's tomboyish mannerism along the series which easily shown with her boyish speaking ways. And although Alice and her twin sister mirrorred dark-white personality, in many occasEpisode 22, when Alice laughing crazily towards Rufus' illusion and The Intention mocking at Kevin about death of Sinclair Family.
Out of her rough and wild persona, Alice shown to has enough politeness for girl especially seen when she is eating, as shown when she offers Oz a lunch in Episode 05. Like other character in the series, Alice also like in a drinking-tea with others (mostly Oz, Gil, Break and Sharon). Furthermore in anime, she seems like all kinds of food beside meat; as anime episode also shown she eating cakes. At a certain moment, she is also shows to like dancing as The Intention.
Abilities and PowersEditAlong the series, as a former Baskerville Family member like Gilbert and Vincent, Alice also shown to be a nice combatant; and increasingly supported by her mutation into a Chain (which also being her demon form, with the fusion between her soul and B-Rabbit's true soul) when she was dropped into the Abyss in Tragedy of Sablier. In many occasions, Alice mostly kicks something or someone enough strong. Especially seen when she kicks Oz in their first encounter in Abyss or when she kicks Jack.
As a ChainEditWhile clinging to the B-Rabbit's power; her demon form, Alice was the most powerful character in both the anime series and the manga, able to tap into the B-Rabbit's powers of destruction. Throughout the series she wields a black and red scythe. As B-Rabbit, she was designed to have the capability to severe the chains holding the Earth.
Chains: When in her battle form, she can shoot chains from behind her.
Transformation: She can switch between her human form and her Chain form, which is a humanoid black rabbit.
Alice is able to turn things into dust when accessing B-Rabbit's power, relating closely to Mad Hatter's power, except that B-Rabbit has been shown able to destroy objects from Earth, such as a hack saw and swords, making B-Rabbit's power far less limited compared to Mad Hatter's.
As a Human
Telepathy: When alive, she had the ability to freely communicate with her twin sister, the Intention of the Abyss, without even seeing her. They could also switch minds with each other when needed. Even after Alice killed herself during Tragedy of Sablier in order to protect her twin sister, drop into Abyss and "mutated" into a Chain instead; Alice still can communicate with The Intention of the Abyss, as depicted when Alice and Break in Cheshire's Dimension.
Possession: Alice has shown an ability of possessing other bodies. When she makes a contract with Oz, she takes possession of his body and tries to use it to get out of Pandora's headquarters. She also used it when she was on the verge of dying. She left her own body and fused with Oz the B-Rabbit instead, taking every last bit of his power. Thus made Alice as one of the Baskervilles with possession ability along with the Intention of the Abyss and Noise.
Along the series; like other Baskerville Family members, Alice had a huge metal scythe with black-red colour; as her own weapon in the battle to increase her attack power to her opponent. Sometimes when she really mad, she pick up this scythe to attack someone.
- "I'm in a contract with you. You are my manservant, and as a manservant, what were you thinking, leaving me behind!?"
- "In the book Sharon showed me, there was a man who became more energetic after his cheeks were bitten!!""I'll protect you with my own hands!"
- "You've been by our side since the beginning. Having you with me...made me extremely happy. Thank you..."
- "Don't worry, Alice and I, we are one and the same....But you...are mine."
- " If you don't get accepted by anyone, does that mean there's no significance for you to live on?"
- " Oz! You're a special person to me. You're a very good friend. So please... promise me that...When I'm in trouble... or if there are people that want to hurt me...you will... come and save me. I love you, Oz. "
- "Even I can tell...that being alone makes you cold. You must be sad that the brat's feeling alone, then?"
- To Jack
- "I'm not sure... what's going on... but I could hear Oz's sorrowful voice...calling me over and over again, And I bet you're the one to blame for that, Jack! Get out of that body this instant, There's only one person in this world who's allowed to make Oz cry. and that's me!"
- "I won't let anyone take away what is mine!"
- "What? You didn't expect me to put on one of her white dresses and wait for you, did you?"
- "If I can remember who you are... Then I can know who I am... Just who am I?"
- "Jack! I'll never forgive you! NEVER! EVER!"
- "Can't you see it? Can't you hear it? Can't you see Oz screaming through his tears?"!!
- "Yes, she hates you so I took the opportunity to switch places with her! "
- "You set a bad example. If you want me to speak more elegantly, you should watch your own mouth!"
- "Here you are at last, Glen!"
To Rufus Barma
- "But I will seek for it... the reason why I exist. In order to continue being who I am now! If fear clings on to me, then I will bring the fear with me! Snatch whatever I want! Beat up whoever's in my way!! This is who I am now--- The Blood-Stained Black Rabbit, Alice!!! Permanently mark this up in your so-called knowledge!! You disgusting looking meatball!!!"
- "I'm scared that I'm not human. I'm scared that I'm different from other chains... I fear the things I don't know. I fear the things I already knew... and at every moment... I always... more than anyone... fear myself the most!"
- "If this body disappears... Jack won't be able to meddle with her anymore. And Oz and Alice won't have to suffer anymore."
- Retrace II: Tempest of Conviction (First Appearance)
- Retrace III: Prisoner&Alichino
- Retrace IV: Rendezvous
- Retrace V: Clockwise Doom
- Retrace VI: Where am I?
- Retrace VII: Reunion
- Retrace VIII: Whisperer
- Retrace IX: Question
- Retrace X: Malediction
- Retrace XI: Grim
- Retrace XII: Where am I?
- Retrace XIII: A Lost Raven
- Retrace XIV: Lop Ear
- Retrace XV: Welcome to labyrinth
- Retrace XVI: Keeper of the secret
- Retrace XVII: Odds and Ends
- Retrace XVIII: Hollow eye socket
- Retrace XIX: Detestably*
- Retrace XX: Who killed poor Alice?
- Retrace XXI: Discord
- Retrace XXII: His name is...
- Retrace XXIV: Hello my sister!
- Retrace XXV: Elliot&Leo
- Retrace XXVI: The pool of Tears
- Retrace XXVII: Get out of the pool*
- Retrace XXVIII: Modulation
- Retrace XXIX: Rufus Barma
- Retrace XXX: Snow White Chaos
- Retrace XXXI: Countervalue of Loss
- Retrace XXXII: Snow Dome
- Retrace XXXIII: Echo of Noise
- Retrace XXXV: Madness of Lost Memory
- Retrace XXXVI: Sablier
- Retrace XXXVII: Glen Baskerville
- Retrace XXXVIII: Scapegoat
- Retrace XXXIX: Gate of Blackness*
- Retrace XL: Blindness
- Retrace XLI: Where am I?
- Retrace XLII: Stray
- Retrace XLIII: Crown of Clown
- Retrace XLIV: Dusty Sky
- Retrace XLV: Queen of Hurts
- Retrace XLVII: Unbirthday
- Retrace XLVIII: Isla Yura
- Retrace XLIX: Night in gale
- Retrace L: Reverse Corte
- Retrace LI: Lily&Reim
- retrace LII: Bloody Rites
- Retrace LIII: Humpty Dumpty Sat On A Wall
- Retrace LIV: Blank Smile
- Retrace LV: Back to Back*
- Retrace LVI: Rabbit Eyes
- Retrace LVII: Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
- Retrace LIX: Couldn't put Humpty together again
- Retrace LX: Egg Shell
- Retrace LXI: Demios
- Retrace LXII: Repose
- Retrace LXIII: Purpose
- Retrace LXIV: Tarantelle
- Retrace LXV: Collapse
- Retrace LXIX: Alice*
- Retrace LXX: Oz*
- Retrace LXXI: Black Rabbit*
- Retrace LXXII: Bloody Rabbit
- Retrace LXXIII: A note
- Retrace LXXIV: Broken Rabbit
- Retrace LXXV: Alone
- Retrace LXXVI: Alice&Oz
- Retrace LXXVII: Vacant
- Retrace LXXVIII: Decision*
- Retrace LXXXII: Wish
- Retrace LXXXIII: After the Rain
- Retrace LXXXIV: Trickster*
- Retrace LXXXV: Reverberate
- Retrace LXXXVI: Wager
- Retrace LXXXVII: Starting Point
- Retrace LXXXVIII: Answer
- Retrace LXXXIX: Staccato Drop
- Retrace XC: Clock Tower
- Retrace XCI: Juror*
- Retrace XCII: A story
- Retrace XCIV: Blaze
- Retrace XCV: Vincent
- Retrace XCVI: Disagree
- Retrace XCVII: I am
- Retrace XCVIII: Reverberate
- Retrace XCIX: Shade
- Retrace C: Ossia
- Retrace CI: Oswald
- Retrace CII: The Nursery
- Retrace CIII: Call Your Name
- The Story of the Vessaliuses: Golden Drops
- The Story of the Rainsworths: White Kitty
- The Story of the Barmas: Pink Curse
- The Story of the Mutuality: Blue Rose*
- The Story of the Family: Hello Baby
- The Story of Genuine Trust: Adoration
- Pandora Hearts Episode 1: Innocent Calm
- Pandora Hearts Episode 2: Tempest of Conviction
- Pandora Hearts Episode 3: Prisoner & Alichino
- Pandora Hearts Episode 4: Rendezvous
- Pandora Hearts Episode 5: Clockwise Doom
- Pandora Hearts Episode 6: Where am I?
- Pandora Hearts Episode 7: Whisperer
- Pandora Hearts Episode 8: Question
- Pandora Hearts Episode 9: Malediction
- Pandora Hearts Episode 10: Grim
- Pandora Hearts Episode 11: A Lost Raven
- Pandora Hearts Episode 12: Welcome to Labyrinth
- Pandora Hearts Episode 13: Keeper of the secret
- Pandora Hearts Episode 14: Hollow eye socket
- Pandora Hearts Episode 15: Who killed poor Alice?
- Pandora Hearts Episode 16: His name is...
- Pandora Hearts Episode 17: Hello my sister!
- Pandora Hearts Episode 18: Elliot & Leo
- Pandora Hearts Episode 19:The pool of Tears
- Pandora Hearts Episode 20: Modulation
- Pandora Hearts Episode 21: Snow White Chaos
- Pandora Hearts Episode 22: Countervalue of Loss
- Pandora Hearts Episode 23: A Warp in the World (Non-Canon)
- Pandora Hearts Episode 24: Kyrie (Non-Canon)
- Pandora Hearts Episode 25: Beyond the winding road (Non-Canon)
(*) - Denotes that the character did not appear physically, but as a part of another character's memories.
- Alice and The Intention's red/white themes are similar to the Red/ White Queens of Through the Looking Glass. , although Alice is based on Lewis's Alice and The Intention is based on both Alice's sister and the White Queen, while their mother, Lacie, is based on the Red Queen.
- While she was alive, Alice shared her body with her Twin, the Will of the Abyss. Alice's changing personalities are a reference to when the Caterpillar asked who Alice was and she couldn't reply since she had changed so many times during the day.
- Alice also greatly resembles her mother, Lacie, her twin sister, the Intention of the Abyss, and Claudia from Crimson-Shell.
- Alice does not hold her alcohol well, as shown in episode 20 of the anime.
- Alice nicknames everyone she meets. Some examples are "Seaweed Head" (Gilbert), "Shaggy Glasses" or "Four-Eyes" (Leo), "Clown" (Break), "Mole" (Elliot), and "Brat" (Phillipe). She has yet to nickname Oz or Sharon.
- According to the Official Guide Book Pandora Hearts 8.5: Mine of Mine, Alice was originally meant to wear trousers. However, she ended up wearing a tight skirt instead because she would really look like a boy if she didn't.
- During Oz's coming of age ceremony in the anime, a pocket watch similar to the one Oz found can be seen on Alice's scythe.
- Although Alice is often said to have black hair, as Jack states in Retrace XXXIX: Gate of Blackness, she seems to always be drawn with dark brown hair instead.
- She and Oswald are the only two characters with confirmed deaths to be active in the present timeline.
- Her character song is called Kinjirareta Asobi.
- The name "Alice" is an anagram of both "Celia", who was a Baskerville who contracted to Humpty Dumpty 100 years ago, and "Lacie".
- Her sister is Alice's total opposite when it comes to Jack and Oswald. The Intention prefers Jack's company and greatly dislikes Oswald, while Alice prefers Oswald's company and dislikes Jack.
- Alice is the third shortest character; the shortest is the younger version of Ada, and the second-shortest is Lily.
- Alice's zodiac is cancer.
- Alice has no given actual age or physical age. However, she appears to be between the ages of thirteen and fourteen.